You must be the legal age of majority in your state of residence or otherwise able to form a binding contract with forms.legal in order to use the Services. In no event is use of the Services permitted by those under the age of 13.
1. Trial Offers, Auto-Renewals and Paid Accounts
forms.legal makes available trial offers for the limited use of the Services (each, a “Trial Offer”) to new customers who provide a valid payment instrument, such as a credit card or other payment method. If you choose to start a Trial Offer, you will automatically join the paid membership you have chosen at the end of the Trial Offer and you authorize forms.legal to charge your payment method a recurring monthly membership fee or annual membership fee, as applicable. If you wish to use additional Services beyond those included in the Trial Offer, you may be asked to separately purchase those Services or to upgrade to a paid membership prior to the end of the Trial Offer period. forms.legal may automatically charge you at the end of the Trial Offer or for a membership renewal unless you cancel your membership by visiting the Account page and clicking the cancel button.
To ensure uninterrupted service and to enable you to conveniently purchase additional products and services, forms.legal will store and update (e.g. upon expiration) your payment method on file. If we are unable to charge your designated payment method for any reason, we reserve the right to automatically downgrade your paid plan to a lower-priced plan or to suspend your paid membership until your designated payment method can be charged again. Please note that it is your responsibility to maintain current credit card information on file with forms.legal.
2. Refund Policy
We want you to be 100% satisfied with our Services. If you believe there has been an error in billing or document preparation, please contact our Customer Service Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that we can help you resolve the issue. When contacting us, please include any details relating to the Services you have purchased so that we can ensure you are completely satisfied with your forms.legal experience. All payments are non-refundable.
3. Membership Downgrade
To downgrade your membership online, please log in with your credentials and click the cancel button on Account page.
Please note that if you fail to provide a payment on time, forms.legal reserves the right to downgrade your membership without prior notice. Please note that downgrading will remove access to the documents created on forms.legal website.
4. forms.legal is Not a Law Firm and Does Not Provide Legal Advice
forms.legal provides a platform for legal information and self-help. The information provided by forms.legal along with the content on our website related to legal matters (“Legal Information”) is provided for your private use and does not constitute legal advice. We do not review any information you provide us for legal accuracy or sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide opinions about your selection of forms, or apply the law to the facts of your situation.
If you need legal advice for a specific problem, you should consult with a licensed attorney. Neither forms.legal nor any Legal Information provided by forms.legal is a substitute for legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed to practice in an appropriate jurisdiction. As forms.legal is not a law firm, please note that any communications between you and forms.legal may not be protected as confidential information under the attorney-client privilege doctrine.
Your use of the Services does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and forms.legal, or between you and any forms.legal employee or representative. Unless you are otherwise represented by an attorney, including a Participating Attorney, you represent yourself in any legal matter you undertake through our Services.
5. Termination of Membership and Access Restriction
forms.legal reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to downgrade or terminate your access to the Services, for any reason and at any time without prior notice. For example, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services if you are not complying with these Terms, or if you are using the Services in a manner that would expose us to legal liability, disrupt the Services or disrupt others’ use of the Services.
forms.legal also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, either temporarily or permanently, any part of its Services with or without notice. You agree that forms.legal will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of your membership in the Services.
6. Ownership and Preservation of Your Documents
forms.legal does not claim ownership of any documents you either create or upload and store using our Services (“Documents”). You grant permission for forms.legal to use your Documents in connection with providing Services to you.
You acknowledge and agree that forms.legal may preserve these Documents as well as disclose them if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to accomplish any of the following: (1) to comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (2) to enforce these Terms; (3) to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (4) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of forms.legal, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including your content, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You agree that forms.legal has no responsibility or liability for deleting or failing to store any content maintained or uploaded by the Services.
7. Consent to Receive Emails
By creating an account, you agree that you may receive communications from forms.legal, such as newsletters, special offers, and account reminders and updates. You also understand that you can remove yourself from these communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of the actual email.
8. Validity of Electronic Signatures
forms.legal enables you to send and receive valid e-signatures in the United States under the 2000 U.S. Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) as adopted by individual states. forms.legal does not authenticate users’ signatures or identities.
By using the Services, you hereby consent to using electronic signatures on forms.legal. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your electronic signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your electronic signature or any resulting contract signed using forms.legal’s electronic signature service and technology.
9. Acceptable Use of Communications Services
Our Services may include a large number of what are collectively called “Communications Services.” These include services such as live chats, comment threads, blog posts, question and answer products, customer service communication forums, calendars, and other message services. You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send, and receive messages or materials proper to and related to the particular Communication Service. When using a Communication Service, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any names, materials, or information that is considered inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful.
- Create a false identity, represent yourself as someone else, or sign an agreement as someone else or on behalf of someone else or otherwise falsify or delete in an uploaded file any significant attributions or notices.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected either by intellectual property laws or by the rights of privacy or publicity except when
- you own or control the necessary rights, or
- you have received all necessary consents to do so.
- Upload corrupted files, files that contain viruses, or any other files that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise, offer to sell, or offer to buy anything for business purposes except to the limited extent any particular Communication Service specifically allows such activity.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Harvest or otherwise collect personally identifiable information about others, without their consent.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Although forms.legal has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services, we reserve the right, in our own discretion, to review and remove materials posted to a Communication Service, in whole or in part. forms.legal reserves the right to disclose any materials posted, information or activity as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
10. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
You can only use our Services if they do not conflict with or violate the laws of your jurisdiction(s). The availability of our Services in your jurisdiction(s) is not an invitation or offer by forms.legal to access or use our website or Services. By using our Services, you accept sole responsibility that you or any family member’s use of or access to our Services does not violate any applicable laws in your jurisdiction(s). To enforce this provision, forms.legal reserves the right to refuse membership, or suspend or terminate your account immediately and without prior notice at our sole discretion.
The following are specifically excluded or prohibited:
- Use in connection with any legal matter that is frivolous, immaterial or illegal in nature, as determined by forms.legal
- Use in connection with any legal matter involving an alleged violent crime;
- Use in connection with any legal matter involving the laws of jurisdictions outside of the United States or its subdivisions;
- Use in connection with any legal matter for which you are currently or prospectively represented by legal counsel.
- Use in connection with any legal matter that, as determined by the Participating Attorney in his or her sole discretion, lacks sufficient merit to warrant pursuit, or that has been raised an excessive or unreasonable number of times without a change in circumstances;
- Use in connection with any legal matter that directly or indirectly involves any Participating Attorney other than as your counsel;
- Use in connection with any legal matter that directly or indirectly involves forms.legal or any of its affiliates, directors, agents, employees, or other forms.legal service providers; or
- Use in connection with any legal matter in which your Program Sponsor has an adverse interest, or in which any director, officer, agent or employee thereof has an adverse interest.
You may not hack, “scrape” or “crawl” forms.legal whether directly or through intermediaries such as spiders, robots, crawlers, scrapers, framing, iframes or RSS feeds, or otherwise access or attempt to access any information forms.legal has not intentionally made available to you on its website via purchased subscription. Your use of the forms.legal website does not entitle you to resell any forms.legal content without prior express written consent from forms.legal.
11. License Grant
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Services as we intend for them to be used. As a registered forms.legal user, you are licensed to keep, for your own personal records, electronic or physical copies of documents you have created on forms.legal. You may not copy the content of forms.legal’s forms or agreements for use or sale outside of forms.legal. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by forms.legal.
When you transmit user content on forms.legal, you hereby grant forms.legal and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such content, including throughout the world in any media. If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, we may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you.
Resale or unauthorized distribution of materials downloaded from the forms.legal website is strictly prohibited. Use of these materials is for your personal or business use. Any resale or redistribution of our materials requires the express, written consent of forms.legal.
12. Intellectual Property Rights
forms.legal retains all rights, title and interest in and to its products and services, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, service marks, copyrights, photographs, videos, music, and all related intellectual property rights. Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, you may not, and may not permit others to:
- reproduce, modify, translate, enhance, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works of any of our products and services;
- sell, license, sublicense, rent, lease, distribute, copy, publicly display, publish, adapt or edit any of our products and services; or
- circumvent or disable any security or technological features of our products and services.
The design, text, graphics and selection and arrangement thereof and services and the legal forms, documents, guidance and all other content found on our website (“Services Content”) are copyright © forms.legal LLC. All rights reserved.
13. Disclaimer of Representations and Liability
The information, software, products, and services made available through forms.legal may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. forms.legal and/or its suppliers may at any time make improvements or changes to our Services. Information received via forms.legal should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal, or financial decisions. You should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation. In short, your use of our Services is at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FORMS.LEGAL AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. INFORMATION AND OPINIONS RECEIVED VIA THE WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FORMS.LEGAL, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT FORMS.LEGAL HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
FORMS.LEGAL’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF $500 OR THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO FORMS.LEGAL FOR THE 12 MONTHS PRECEDING THE SERVICES IN QUESTION.
14. Release and Indemnity
On behalf of yourself and your heirs, executors, agents, representatives, and assigns, fully release, forever discharge, and hold forms.legal, your Program Sponsor and its affiliates and their respective officers, employees, directors and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, and actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Services. You agree that this release has been freely and voluntarily consented to and you confirm that you fully understand what you are agreeing to.
You agree to indemnify and hold forms.legal, your Program Sponsor and its affiliates and their respective officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of any third party claims relating to your use of the Services, your violation of these Terms or your violation of any rights of another.
15. Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing us at email@example.com
However, if forms.legal is not able to resolve a dispute with you after attempting to do so informally, then as a condition to your use of the Services we mutually agree to resolve such dispute through binding arbitration. The arbitration will be held in the United States county where you live or work, Broward County (FL), or any other location as to which we may then mutually agree. A party seeking arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written notice of dispute.
Any notice to forms.legal should be addressed to forms.legal LLC, 2880 W. Oakland Park Blvd STE 2010, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, Attention: General Counsel. Any notice to you shall be sent to your address as set forth in forms.legal’s records of account or such other legal address as forms.legal is able to identify.
You may only resolve disputes with us or Participating Attorneys on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed.
Notwithstanding our agreement to arbitrate our disputes as provided above, the following exceptions will apply to the resolution of disputes between us:
- Either you or forms.legal may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in Broward County, Florida or in any United States county where you live or work without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
- forms.legal may bring a lawsuit against you in any court of competent jurisdiction solely for injunctive relief to stop any unauthorized use or abuse of the Services without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
- forms.legal may bring a lawsuit against you in any court of competent jurisdiction solely for injunctive relief to stop any intellectual property infringement without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
- In the event that the agreement to arbitrate provided herein is found to be inapplicable or unenforceable for any reason, then as a condition to your use of the Services we agree that any resulting judicial proceedings will be brought in the federal or state courts of Broward County, Florida, and by your use of the Services you expressly consent to venue and personal jurisdiction of the courts therein.
forms.legal may, in the future, make changes to these provisions regarding dispute resolution and arbitration by providing notice in accordance with the section of these Terms entitled “Modifications” below. You may reject any changes made during your Membership by sending us written notice. Such notice must be given within thirty (30) calendar days of the notice of modification to the following address: forms.legal LLC, 2880 W. Oakland Park Blvd STE 2010, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33311 Attention: General Counsel.
16. Controlling Law
These Terms will be governed by Florida law except for its conflicts of laws principles.
17. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and forms.legal with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
18. Waiver, Severability and Assignment
forms.legal’s failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. forms.legal may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, and will always post the most current version on our website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you (by, for example, posting on our blog or on this page). By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.