Free Connecticut Marital Separation Agreement

Legal Separation as per Connecticut Law

Legal Separation is recognized in the state of Connecticut as an alternative to/or preceding a divorce. Couples in the state of Connecticut experiencing marital problems, who wish to take some time away from their marriage to live separate and apart, can choose a legal separation to work on the marriage or prepare to divorce. A Connecticut Marital Separation Agreement can help you fast track the process of legal separation and/or divorce, whichever you choose.

How Does Marital Separation Differ from Divorce?

Unlike divorce, marital separation does not end a marriage. It merely gives the both of you time apart to work on your differences. Should you wish to get back together and salvage the marriage, you will only need to dissolve the court order by filing for the resumption of marital relations, and you will pick up from where you left. If you find that you are better apart, then simply move ahead with the divorce by filing for marriage dissolution.

For the judge to issue the court order for legal separation, the couple will be required to file a Marital Separation Agreement in Connecticut as per the law and present it to a judge. The Legal Separation Agreement will state each partner’s rights and liabilities, and it will only be issued as an order if it is equitable as per the law. The agreement will address assets, liabilities, child custody and support, as well as alimony. Any obligation or asset that either partner acquires after the court order has been made official will be treated as individual acquisition, especially in the event of a divorce.

Marital Separation Agreement in Connecticut

For couples seeking legal separation in the state of Connecticut, having a Marital Separation Agreement may be one of the most important steps to protect both parties during the term of the separation and to expedite the process for legal separation and/or divorce. We offer a free template and online samples of the Connecticut Legal Separation Agreement to make the process that much easier for you. Simply fill out the information above to create your Connecticut Marital Separation Agreement.

Whether you live in Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Hartford, Waterbury, Norwalk, Danbury, New Britain, West Hartford or any other city of Connecticut, you can use our legal forms easily.